• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HD90 MKIV drill wiring

MrMajestical

Occupation
H.E. mechanic w/ a small rock processing company
Troubleshooting a HD90 mark IV drill electrical issue. Engine will not start. The hour meter doesn't work, so that being the trigger for a relay that triggers the fuel lift relay, I am wondering if this is an issue? Also the fuel pump doesn't work, I ran a series of jumpers to supply power to the fuel pump, and a couple other things and it started. I have a wiring diagram but it doesn't show some things that are on this equipment, like a solenoid on the bottom of the injector pump, and what looks like a temp switch on the left side of the engine that is wired to this solenoid. And info on how to fix this would be appreciated.

MrMajestical

Occupation
H.E. mechanic w/ a small rock processing company
Temp or oil pressure switch?
I called a dealer and a tech there did say that the temp switch would go out and it was a known issue with this machine. I have spent dozens of hours troubleshooting this thing. I guess I need to pull every electrical component and test it. Another issue is there is no horn switch, which is wired into the emergency shutoff switch, so I'm wondering if that's a problem. I think it is a combination of several things. I know it will run, but it figuring out what's wrong w/o throwing hundreds of bucks in parts on it.