• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

GS-1930 that only beeps

Bjohnboy1980

I have a man lift serial number gs30p-182360 that isn’t getting power to the solenoid switch near the battery bank I assume it’s the green wire with the white stripe that isn’t getting 24v for some reason. With the switch bypassed it works fine. Any ideas ?

jrclark32

Hello! Sorry to bump an old thread. I have a GS-1930 doing the exact same thing. It turns on, but only beeps and won’t move. What was your solution?

Zewnten

Go to genies website and download the manual for your machine first. Usually has very easy step by step troubleshooting for these issues.

Jayceesdad6

First, unplug your QD, the gray plug to the left of your batteries that have black and red cables going into it. shake, tap, blow those out and reconnect. Try operating and see if that works. I know it sounds simple, but I've had tons of machines do this after washing. Not sure if the water jumps between terminals and creates a different route for the electricity, or what.

If that didn't work...does your machine have a contactor? Disconnect your batteries at the QD plug. Look to the left of them, above the charger. There should be something that looks like a small black box with 2 posts on the end of it. There are also spade terminals underneath, with 2 wires going to each end of a diode. Make sure those 2 wires are connected and that the battery cables going to the 2 posts on the side are on tight. Have someone activate a function and see if that box makes a clicking noise. You can also test continuity between the 2 cable posts while someone activates a function. If it doesnt click/have continuity while activating a function, then jump the cables together on one post. Reconnect your QD and test. If it doesnt work on one post, try to swap them to the other post (I forget if this matters while doing it). If this works, then replace your contactor. They can also usually be pretty easily repaired by opening them up, cleaning the contacts in them, and then closing back up with the spring and everything installed straight.

Let me know if this works or not, then I can guide you through more troubleshooting. 95% of the time, one of these things are the issue with our lifts.

jrclark32

Thanks for the reply! I was suspect of the contactor also, but it does click and I get 24 volts to both terminals when operating a function. I found a couple troubleshooting guides on Genie’s tech tips, and the motor is good, but I’m getting 24 volts to the M- terminal on the motor controller. That’s apparently an indication to replace the controller, so I’ve ordered one. Hopefully that’s what the issue is.

Jayceesdad6

Awesome. I was going to walk you through testing the controller after you verified that the contactor was good. You found the tech tip that I was gonna send over. Glad you got it figured out!