• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

growing pains

kevink

Need some help and thanks in advance

Been recycling concrete for a few years always ran bigger outfits me and a friend of mine went in bought some wore out equipment started for ourselves. We have a 30x42 jaw feeding a screen and then a 15x36 jaw need to get more production but don't know which way to turn. looking at cones and impact for secondary or bigger jaw if possible , I have ran impact before never cones, but some of our material is pretty trashy lot of wood and aluminum not a problem when selling just wondering about how cones compared to impact are for that. also I know impact wear but don't know cone wear. Tell me what works best for everbody. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
I would go for an impact crusher, myself, they are simple and virtually indestructible. It would smash the wood up, the aluminium would not be a problem and it would also produce more fines than a cone crusher, if you were looking for fines to bind the finished product. I do not think abrasion would be a big problem in recycled concrete.

RnR.

ol'stonebreaker

Occupation
retired
If you're dealing w/ a lot of rebar a slide bed under your primary jaw would be money well spent. It will really cut down on punctured/ ripped belt.
Mike