• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Greetings from the middle of everywhere!!

Bajak

Occupation
Independent Owner/Operator with too much insurance
I lied! I really live in a tiny place called Chesley Ontario. ...Yep Canada...
I started out working for a dollar an hour for a local drunk tourist loading brush when I was 8 years old up
in the (home of Bobby Orr) Parry Sound. After that I cut grass for a few cottage resorts for pocket change. I think I made more then than I do now.lol ..By 1982 I landed my first
full time summer job working at a marina. 1984 I was a Boson on a tug boat and barge outfit servicing Georgian Bay. At 13 years of age my first duty on board was to learn how to mix the
perfect spicy Caesar for the first mate and Captain. Those were the days:). I started running heavy equipment on my 15th birthday (it was a present) for a little company near Killbear Provincial Park.
My duties were to bail sand out of a pond in a pit and load trucks and record how many buckets of material were hauled out. Pretty high tech scale system if I do say so myself:D. After
graduating high school with a grade 13/O.A.C diploma, I moved to the city and lied my way into a backhoe operators job and that lasted me 10 years of employment until I quit in 1999. The
company I worked for were into concrete and sewer/watermain. I gained a well rounded and substantial amount of experience for the 10 years I was there. After that I worked 7 1/2 years
for a grading company that specialized in small trim dozers. It was a whole new ball game for me but once again gave me an exceptional experience for the time I was there. It was just a small
outfit of usually 2 to 4 employees and the owner treated me better than his own son. I learned a lot and appreciate
that time there. 2007 I purchased my own backhoe and started my own business. I could not have picked a better
time:beatsme!! Good ole reliable economy.lol

Anyway, that is my official introduction to everyone here on HEF. I've notice a couple of familiar names/avatars here from other sites. I will be sure and ask a really UHMM question when I think of one.
If one exists:drinkup

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Welcome to the forum Bajak! Sounds liek an intersting career you've got going on. We are all ears.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
A 100,000 welcomes Bajak!