• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gradall Bucket

DIXIE

Anyone Ever Used One On Their Mini Looks Like It Wood Do Good On Cleanup Work?

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Do you mean an actual bucket that is built to fit a "Gradall"?

The Kobelco 35 that I frequently run has a 36" cleanup bucket (by which I mean it has a smooth cutting edge, with no teeth), that we often use. I'm not sure how a Gradall bucket would hook up to a mini excavator, but this bucket has the right size holes for the pins. A Gradall is a pretty big machine. I gotta think an actual Gradall bucket would be a little big for most minis to handle comfortably, but this bucket is just about right for the machine.

One of the sites we work on has very tight quarters--sometimes as little as 5' between houses, so the mini gets a lot of hours grading. We also use it inside the foundations to make grade for basement and garage floor slabs. There are also lots of times when we pick dirt or stone right out of the bed of the dump truck. The toothless bucket is better for that too. There's far less chance of doing major damage to the bed, and you can get almost all of the material with the machine.

Do you have a Gradall bucket that'll fit your machine?

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
We have a 40" cleanup bucket for our 303CR. We haven't used it a ton lately, but I'm definately glad we got one. Everyone tried to tell me a 7 foot piece of I-beam works the same, but you can't lift and place material with an I-beam.

DIXIE

toothless

toothless that is what I call a gradall bucket no I dont have one but I do need to get one I just thought it would make clean up in finished yards just a lot easier

Dusty

Charter Member
i welded a piece of steel over my teeth on my 36" bucket for grading and cleanup i also use it for snow as its on my backho

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
We have a toothless cutting edge which fits on our 2' bucket by removing the two outside teeth and pinning the cutting edge on. This is very handy when digging out narrower footings etc.

We also have a 3', what we call, sand bucket which gets a lot of general use, mainly for loading the truck.

It would be handy to have a shallow 4' batter bucket.

Oh..these are for a Kubota KX161-3 which is an 11,500lb machine.

Coastal

I just ordered a 42" hydraulic tilt bucket for grading and cleanup for my KX161-3, its gonna be fun!