• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Goog Brand Of Bush Hug for a low Flow BOBCAT S300 turbo?

bobcats300

Occupation
equipment foreman/mechanic
does anybody have any suggestions for a good brushcutter for a bobcat S300? i do not have high flow andi am trying to get rid of my brushcat attachment.also my landscape rake has a log stuck in it. has anyone ever replaced the rake link parts on a bobcat brand rake? if so how did you do it and how much did it cost? just seeing. thanks

Yellowdog

does anybody have any suggestions for a good brushcutter for a bobcat S300? i do not have high flow andi am trying to get rid of my brushcat attachment.also my landscape rake has a log stuck in it. has anyone ever replaced the rake link parts on a bobcat brand rake? if so how did you do it and how much did it cost? just seeing. thanks

I wish someone had responded to you earlier.. I just saw this thread. I'm sure you already took care of this but for others, here's what I learned.

I had a Rockhound landscape rake for a long time. Replacing links is a cut and weld operation. Getting stuff stuck in the links is a daily occurrence. I loved that rake but it was a PITA to keep in good working order. I would try everything I could, first, before cutting a link. Replacing toothbars sucks too..

As for a good brush cutter. I like the brushcat. Curious to know what you didn't like. I know the roller sucks in sand and wet ground but for what it's intended for, the brushcat does a good job and is built well. I don't like the safety cutoff but I understand the need for it and I like the floating linkage in uneven terrain. The newer brushcats are better than the pre 2006 models in my opinion.
I have worked side by side with an ammbusher and didn't like it but some guys swear by it.

I've read some reviews of US mowers that were good. I'm sure Ammbusher has updated their mower line over the years since they are still a name out there. Grace manufacturing makes a mower (Tree Terminator folks). Their customer service was excellent and their tree shear is built very heavy. Their mower looks a little clunky but if it's built like their shear, it's tough, and like I said, their customer service was excellent when I had a warranty issue.

though it's not a brushcutter per se, the Bobcat finish mower is built very heavy for high grass and weeds and does an excellent job and the lift height is adjustable. I thought it would be too light to use in rough terrain and light scrub brush but it is and I really like it for high grass and short, scrubby brush.