• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

GMC with electric/hydraulic park brake- help

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
OK- I'll try and make this as sensible as I can. I have a '02 GMC C-6500 with hydraulic brakes. So therefore it has the electric/hydraulic parking brake. Driving home Sat., and the dash warning light starts to flash. Get home and the park brake does not work. I sprayed penetrating oil down the actuator part that moves in and out and checked the wire connectors. Now, in park the brake holds. Put it in Drive and the brake may or may not release and the SERVICE PKG BRAKE light comes on along with an alarm. The wires all seem good. Fluid good. Any idea what's up or where I can get hold of a service manual? My nearest MD truck dealer is 60 miles away...

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
OK- So no info so far. Does anyone on HEF have a truck like this? When you drop it in drive & the parking brake kicks off- How long does the pump motor run? Is it a 2-3 secong thing like I remember it was- or does yours run longer. If someone can help me with a comparison it would be helpful. Thx.