• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie Z60/34 operates fine but will not drive

mikedemeo

Occupation
Residential Construction
I have a 2005 Genie z60/34 that will not drive. All the functions work except forward/reverse movement/wheel turning. No leaks or noises. I'm figuring something electrical but not sure what to do. Ground controls work and boom controls work. Anyone ever have this issue or know what to look for? Thanks

VoodooMojo

Occupation
Sr Technical Service Representative
Deutz, Ford or Perkins engine?
Is the Platform positioned between the two wheels at the non-steer end of the machine?
Are there any Fault Codes present at the Control Card inside the Upper Control Box?
Is the Alternator putting out the desired Voltage at the correct Frequency?

Henrique

Hello Sr, Mike.
Check the steering and drive control , your problem probably is in control.
Be careful when trying to open the control in its inside there is a very fragile flip , which usually spoils when trying to open , then open the lid of the ground control box, locate the steering control , find the control connector on the board alc500 conector J1 , check the voltage field , wires brown and orange and return blue and white function returning to the variation for the card that allows communication. check the voltage input and output , if power voltage and not have to replace the output control , if not have test power voltage alc500

gleidecker

I have a 2006 version of the same machine.

I have a 2005 Genie z60/34 that will not drive. All the functions work except forward/reverse movement/wheel turning. No leaks or noises. I'm figuring something electrical but not sure what to do. Ground controls work and boom controls work. Anyone ever have this issue or know what to look for? Thanks

I had not use the machine for a couple of weeks during which we had quite a bit of rain. I had not had a problem until now. I believe I have an electrical problem also, but my situation seems to be worse. I can only start the engine using ground control and only with the shutoff closed on the platform. No machine controls will work on the ground control with the exception of idle control. If the the platform shutoff is open, there is constant beeping on the platform. The beeping can be stopped for a few seconds when some controls are adjusted, but the results are not predictable.

That is why I believe it is an electrical problem, due to moisture somewhere. Have you had any heavy rain lately.

good luck.

bigboytoy

Occupation
retired Pipe fitter
lets see shut off on platform is "on" and it blocks being able to start on ground.....I would look for the possibility of a short...the load is dropping the voltage too much...or there is a loose 12v power feed or the power feed wire is getting ready to open up or is burning up. the voltage should never drop below 11.5 any were at any time....once it gets down to 9v it will not hold a solenoid dow..with an DC amp gauge in hand you can determine if its too much load or a weak wire. I had similar problems on my lift...low voltage cause all kinds of weird unrelated symptoms...like backwards operating, dying mid air, you need a schematic.