• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie Z45/22 Ignition Module

Hcnyl

Occupation
Project manager
I have an older Model Genie S/N Z45004897
Has a Ford LRG-4231 motor with an obsolete Ignition Module.
Does anyone know of a conversion or where I could purchase a module?
It only fires on one side of the coil, I replaced the coil and get the same thing. I have tried plugs, wires, timing?
Baffled

Thanks, Jim 20171101_140202_resized.jpg

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
A search for the part came up with this
https://dvautoparts.com/discount-store/new-ford-f5jl-12a297-da-w-jkjpmmojqirl
You could also call Engine Distributors .Which is a GM /Ford industrial engine supplier at 1800 220 2700 .They have a lot of different locations.They might be a to track a part down or have old new stock . What fuel system maker is on your engine like PSI at 188-331-5764 or Impco 1-714-656-1200 you can also call them

Hcnyl

Occupation
Project manager
Yes, I called dvautoparts they didn't have anymore. I found a place that had a conversion kit at a cost of $1600.00.
I have removed wiring harness and found some melted wires. It is firing on all cylinders now but will still not start. I have checked compression in cylinders and they are between #135 - #150 psi which I am assuming is pretty good. I was turning over engine with plugs out and 1 cylinder throws gas out of it and the others barley have anything......... Not sure what is going on there?

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Yes, I called dvautoparts they didn't have anymore. I found a place that had a conversion kit at a cost of $1600.00.
I have removed wiring harness and found some melted wires. It is firing on all cylinders now but will still not start. I have checked compression in cylinders and they are between #135 - #150 psi which I am assuming is pretty good. I was turning over engine with plugs out and 1 cylinder throws gas out of it and the others barley have anything......... Not sure what is going on there?
Hcnyl
Shoot me a email at tool_king@hotmail.com so I can send you the manuals .What model is your lift ?
thanks
ED

Last edited:

Hcnyl

Occupation
Project manager
Took wiring harness off Lift and found burnt wires. Repaired/Replaced wiring, It is firing on all 4 cylinders now.
Starts and runs about 10 seconds and dies, thinking feedback from Alternator is missing and shutting gas off.
Yes it has a carburetor. It is a Model Z45/22 1996 model Has a ford lrg425.
Thanks,

timstar2

check the orange white wire comming out of alt. for volts and hertz signal with a meter should be about 7 volts .