• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

genie tmz50/30 high idle solenoid

joshuacarne

I am having trouble getting my high idle to function. i have replaced the solenoid. i ran a new ground. i get 12volts at the terminal on the relay. but when it is hooked up to the solenoid the voltage jumps all over the place. can someone please help?

joshuacarne

any help would be great. i went ahead and replaced all of the relays because the grounds for them are daisy chained together. i thought maybe a bad relay in the bunch was causing a problem. that was not the issue. i dont understand how i can be getting the correct voltage from the terminal of the relay and then it goes haywire when i hook it to the solenoid.

VoodooMojo

Occupation
Sr Technical Service Representative
3 questions:
Model and Serial Number?
Hatz Diesel or Honda Gasoline?
Have you tried to connect the Throttle Solenoid directly to the 12 volt DC power source?
This would be at the 175 amp fuse F11 or at F9 10 amp fuse connecting at the 12volt terminal at the Start Solenoid.

Be informed that the two-wire solenoid has a draw coil and a hold coil. The throttle Solenoid Plunger MUST be able to pull in completely or the draw coil will not shut off and current will light the night sky if left connected too long (about 2 seconds).
There is a switch inside the solenoid that the plunger must come in contact with to shut down the draw coil.

Last edited: