• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie tmz 34/19 need help

freddysan

Just bought a 2002 tmz 34,wasn`t running,was told it needed platform controller membrane pad to get it going,I replced that and put in new batteries,switched it on,it has man outriggers,lights on all 4 wouldn`t come on so I cleaned the switces on the legs and got the lights to come on when level,but I can`t get anything to work. So I got the service manual,found the trouble shooting sequence for the pump,checked for 24 volts going from the cpu to the motor controller #1 terminal,none,checked for 5 v going from cpu to motor controller#3 terminal,none. I aiso checked the controller trouble shoot sequence ,checked for 5v going to the key switch junction,book says 5v there but getting 24v there,no difference in trying platform controls or ground conrols,the only thing that works are the level interlock lights and the horn using the platform control,I sure need some help/advise. You out there VOODOOMOJO

VoodooMojo

Occupation
Sr Technical Service Representative
If the Upper Control Box still has the plug attached at the end of the cord, plug it directly into the jack at the bottom right of the Lower Control Box. This will eliminate an issue in the control cable if there is one.

In the schematic, it will be necessary to verify there is close to battery voltage at all the terminals outlined in red circles when the outriggers are cranked down and all power switches are turned on.
This will be the first step in the process.

TMZ34 schematic.jpg

Dave L

VoodooMojo,Would this wiring diagram be the same as my genie lifts wiring? my serial no. is T3499 00130. I was reading another post where you told how to jump across two sets of wires but my power plug to the ground control box was round and seemed different than the connector plug in the picture. I would really appreciate any tips or info you may have on how to find out what is wrong with my lift. Thank you,Dave L

freddysan

VoodooMojo thanks for the reply,after my first post I tried jumping power to the pump got nothing ,was not getting any thing to the controller,but was weird was I was getting 24v at the switch and service man said I should be getting 5v, then I lifted the out riggers to move the machine, when I set them back down I could'nt get the leveling lights to come on as they did before and I got 2 codes about the levelers.I have not had time lately because of work to do any more but since your reply I am going to get to testing ,also the circuit boards are blue,updated I guess? Hope they are not the prob.Thanks again for your help!

VoodooMojo

Occupation
VoodooMojo,Would this wiring diagram be the same as my genie lifts wiring? my serial no. is T3499 00130.......my power plug to the ground control box was round and seemed different than the connector plug in the picture. I would really appreciate any tips or info you may have on how to find out what is wrong with my lift. Thank you,Dave L

This should be what your controls look like?:
control box early.JPG control box bottom early.JPG driver board connections early.JPG

This will be your schematic:

early tmz schematic leftside.jpg

early tmz schematic rightside.jpg

What functions properly on your machine and what does not?

VoodooMojo

Occupation
DaveL
Could you respond to my last post by starting a new thread?
The two machines, although at a glance are the same, have many differences as far as the troubleshooting procedures.
I don't want to confuse the two.

Dave L

VoodoMojo,Thank you for answering my question. The pics. of the control box you posted are exactly like my control box. The only thing that works is the alarm and the 4 indicator lights for the outriggers. the level switch sets the alarm off when I push down and create an out of level condition. I got the hydraulic pump motor to run by putting power to it so it also works.All 4 batteries test good and appear to have been replaced recently. I unplugged each connecter from the control box and all the male and female pins look good,i also tested for power at the large power connecter and it also checked good.The large on off switch,button on the control box also works.This is all I have done so far,would really appreciate any help, Dave L

freddysan

voodoomojo: I finally got time to setthe machine up,put thelegs down,got the lights on the board to go on when level,but for some reason the lights on the outside indicators don't go on, they did when I first set up, so I am getting codes 25 31 33. I tested out rigger wires going from plug on circuit board throgh switch on legs back to circuit board got 23.5v on all loops with key on,one wire had 22.5.Not sure how to testfrom plug into circuit board. got 23.5v from engine wire you indicated to the motor controller.I don't understand why the codes when I got voltage the legs,not sure why the code 25 didn't get that till set up this last time, switched upper controller direct to lower box but no diff.thanks Fred

seedly

voodoomojo- i have acquired a 34/19 yr2000 lift with manual outriggers, main circuit board number tmz50 48265/ tmz34-2000 67650 display board number 48267.
Batteries are charged and there is 24v at the power input to circuit board but nothing is happening, there are no leds lighting up on the display for battery or outriggers(which are down).
Looking for advise on what to check next and any diagrams schematics.
thanks joe in scotland

seedly

voodoomojo- i have acquired a 34/19 yr2000 lift with manual outriggers, main circuit board number tmz50 48265/ tmz34-2000 67650 display board number 48267.
Batteries are charged and there is 24v at the power input to circuit board but nothing is happening, there are no leds lighting up on the display for battery or outriggers(which are down).
Looking for advise on what to check next and any diagrams schematics.
thanks joe in scotland

Cdp246800

Hello,
I need help on my tmz34/19 lift...the unit has new blue boards and a new ground control overlay. It will power on however the hour meter will power on momentarily then go off, I press the auto level and extend button for the down riggers and it only sounds the horn every second which I believe that is what it suppose to do. It seems I checked voltage at p1 engine connector and I dont have 24 volts at pin 17 for pump enable. Any help would be great

Thank you chris