• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie GS-1930 wont work

bsf

howdy

i have a manlift that will only beep and not move or raise

last time i had time to look at it, it was giving me a code for pothole function not working but today no codes

i not know have a manual or anything and dont where to start

(im sorry in advance if this is not the right forum)

any ideas?

thanks

VoodooMojo

Occupation
Sr Technical Service Representative
code 18 for the PHP will only be active when the platform is raised high enough for the elevation limit switch to be activated and the pot hole bars (or switches/wiring) not activated. That is probably another issue.

Did the electric motor come on when a function was selected? (except platform Down)

Put the platform control switch to the Drive mode and select Steer Left or Right.
Does the electric pump motor start?
If not, let's get a voltmeter out and begin troubleshooting.

Willie asks for a serial number and it is a very important bit of information.
There have been significant upgrades throughout the years that will affect the troubleshooting procedure.

One thing that is common throughout the millenium though is that the DC Motor Controller will not
give a fault code when it goes bad.
If your DC Motor does not power up when a function is selected (except platform Down) then the
DC Motor Controller is the first place to begin troubleshooting.

The DC Motor Controller is the component that sends a pulsating DC Minus to the electric pump motor to turn
the motor to let the hydraulic pump generate oil flow.

The DC Motor Controller is the "black box with all the big wires on it". Except for the year we used the GE Motor Controllers.
They were silver/gray.
Check for 24 volts across terminals B+ and B-. It has to be there.
Check for 24 volts at the D terminal of the electric motor, it has to be there. (follow the wire from the B+ of the motor controller to the motor, this will be the D terminal)

If 24 volts is present across B+ and B- and at the motor also, it is time to check the input at the small wires on
the motor controller at terminals 1 and 3.

When Steer Left is selected (or Lift Up, Drive Forward or Reverse, or Steer Right) there should be a 24 volt
signal at terminal 1 and a signal of about 3 to 4 volts at terminal 3.
If these values are present when a function (all except Platform Down) is selected, then the Motor Controller
is suspect.

If the values are not there, then the ECM or the wiring from the ECM to the Motor Controller are suspect.

At this point, we will wait to hear from you if the electric motor turns on or not when Steer Right or Left is selected.

edit:
http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Parts And Service Manuals/START HERE.pdf

Last edited:

VoodooMojo

Occupation
Sr Technical Service Representative
top left frame rail near the front of the machine, and top right frame rail near the rear of the machine.
Also on a placard on the top-side of the chassis under the scissor-link set.

Bjohnboy1980

My serial number is gs30p-182360 I didn’t have voltage at my motor controller the solenoid switch near the battery bank isn’t getting 24v to it , when bypassed the machine operates fine there is a green wire with a white stripe that I assume should be getting 24 that isn’t

skata

My serial number is gs30p-182360 I didn’t have voltage at my motor controller the solenoid switch near the battery bank isn’t getting 24v to it , when bypassed the machine operates fine there is a green wire with a white stripe that I assume should be getting 24 that isn’t
Not sure. But you check fuses and relays?
You can download service manual from genie website.