• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie 45/22 Rotation

Mr pavement

Hello everyone,
I am starting a new post here in Forklifts/Telehandlers. I have been trying to work out a rotation issue on my 1994 Genie Z45/22 Boom lift. Everything works great all but the rotation. The same thing happens weather you are in the basket or using the ground controls. The same thing happens weather you have the boom "stowed" or "boomed up". Starting from the 359 degree rotation stop you can only go so far around and the function goes dead. Sometimes it allows you to go (180) sometimes almost (180) sometimes a little over (180) degrees. If I am using the "ground" controls and it goes dead the only way to recover and go back the other way is to climb in the basket (apply full throttle) and boom up. Once boomed up you have to play with the extend and retract function on the primary boom. This usually dies along with the rotation. At first the extend and retract is usually really slow but after a few times in and out the speed picks up and at that point you can try to rotate back. At first the same thing happens with the rotation( very jerky). A few more in and outs with the Extend and Retract Function then you can try the Rotation Function again. After repeating this procedure 2 or 3 times you can fully recover and the rotation works like a charm.(only going back to the stop)
Any and all Help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. I live in Rural Upstate NY and can not find anyone to help me.
I do have the Service Manual which includes diagrams. I have a good multi-meter and know how to do basic testing.
Thank you

boomtech

Occupation
Owner:AERIAL EQUIPMENT SERVICES LLC
Some Z45/22s dont have oil swivels,you only have 356 degrees rotation(swing)....look in the vally tell me what you see,and under the turntable weldment find the swing stop....(Z45/22 came in ALOT of variants,Z45/22DC,Z45/22RT,Z45/22 TRI-POWER and so on.