• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gehl Mini's

I know the Gehl Ctl's are the same as takeuchi but are the minis the same as well Just wondering I like my Ctl 60 and am looking at purchasing a mini as well and I hear the takeuchi is the way to go but I would like to keep my colors the same any input would help?

iceberg210

"In 1999, the Company entered into a distribution arrangement covering North and South America with Neuson Kramer Baumaschinen AG, an Austrian and German manufacturer of compact excavators and all-wheel-steer loaders. The Company also has a strategic alliance with Takeuchi Mfg. Co., Ltd. based in Japan to distribute compact track loaders in North and South America."
GEHL annual report 2007 10K filing with the SEC

So it would seem that their mini's are German/Austrian and beyond that I don't know how people have done with them however I've heard great things about GEHL and Mustang (same company different marketing) skid steers as well as their telescopic forklifts so I'd bet that the same quality they would apply to the other things sold under their brand name I mean they use a fantastic CTL as you well know in Takeuchi.

JS580SL

Ive run two Gehl mini excavators out of a rental yard. Both low houred and hammered. I was not impressed, thought the cabs were terrible, the placement of controls was not right, and the machine was not very strong.

We have a Kubota KX121-3 and its worth its weight in gold. Its comfortable and very powerful for its size. It cant replace our backhoe but it holds it own.Ive run Case, Deere, Gehl, and Cat. All similar sizes and none of them had the ability to multifunction as well as the kubota. Since we got the machine it has done nothing but impress us and constantly stays busy with over 1,300 hours.

We also have a CTL 60 and paired with the Kubota in the right cituation, it's a productive combination.Both great machines.

Good luck in your search.
Jim