• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gehl brakes

Numbfingers

Occupation
mechanic
Hopefully somebody can shed some light on a brake problem I'm having. Gehl 883 with hydroboost brakes that go all the way to floor before engaging with engine running, but not with power off. Brake boost circuit pressure at half the rated psi, and main hydraulic system pressure doesn't even register but the functions all work. But when I hit the brakes, 200psi shows up on the main system pressure. Seems like the pressure is backfeeding. Doesn't add up. The brake circuit has its own tap into the same pump feeding the rest of the machine. Pressure taps come right from pump pressure lines at Tees. Master cylinder and booster were replaced by previous mechanic. I adjusted main relief with no change. The outrigger relief is directly downstream of the pump, and adjusting that did nothin either. There is a priority flow divider just downstream of the outrigger relief with a non-adjustable relief in it. I haven't torn into that yet due to time and the hassle required. Is it possible the priority divider is allowing pressure to bleed off to tank but still allowing boom functions to operate? Also, one outrigger slowly drifts while parked. Any input would be appreciated.

boomtech

Occupation
Owner:AERIAL EQUIPMENT SERVICES LLC
Haaaaahaaaaa....sorry just remembering when United aquired a **** load of those....anyway does it have an accumulator in the system some did some didnt....if so cap that b*****d and try again....also does it have electric assisted brakes when unit is not running,I know sounds strange but the did exsist,also get me a S/N I have tons of prints for them