• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gehl AL Line

lumberjack

Hmm I don't. The AL540 has 14 GPM in aux flow, which equates to 25 HP.

I've played around with the idea of adding higher flow hydraulic pump (20-22gpm) or a power pack. The 540 only has 47hp to play with.

toget007

Couple videos of the AL340. The first is sidewalk removal, the second is a smattering of pictures I've taken over the past year.

The front differential lock is leaking oil into the front axle (ZF axle). I'm two weeks and change out of warranty, but it's being covered. If anyone is interested in getting a Gehl AL loader, I've got a line on a great dealer!

Hi lumberjack :)
Do you know whats wrong when the front differential lock was leaking oil into the front axle?
I got the same probleme With my 340.. :/

and what did you do to repair it? and how much did it cost?

Thanks
Best regards
Thomas Novak

lumberjack

Replace the two four lip rings that are on the locker's piston. I now work for the dealership as a rep, and did the warranty work myself, it took 3.5 hours I believe.

The piston is in the left axle tube when looking at the pinion. When you get done, reinstall the drain plug and engage the locker for 15 minutes (I used a cable tie). Pull the plug and there shouldn't be very much oil that drains from the axle, only what drained down from the side of the housing. Conversely you can leave the plug out and catch the oil that comes out, that part is your choice.

Do you have a parts manual to look up the parts? It should start around page 44. If you don't, let me know if your axle tag id ends in 226 or 318 and I can give you the part numbers. If you don't have a dealer...

toget007

No, sorry I don't have any part manual!..
is it a problem With these axels? It would be Nice if you could give me a price for these parts! I probably need the sealing between the axle and the ''spacer' to'.
The axle is a ZF AP-R7 15, 1632975, 4472 004 225,

Best regards
Thomas

lumberjack

My computer crashed and I'm in the process of rebuilding it currently so it will likely be a few hours before I can get you a price. 4 month old, $4.1k Mac... Glad I back up, including the wedding I was at yesterday!

Yours is the only other one aside from mine that I've heard about. My 540 isn't doing it, nor has the 340 repeated it.

What other seal are you talking about? Between the center section and the axle tube? If so, it's reusable (o ring) so long as you don't damage it.

Send me your email and I will email you the parts manual.

Last edited:

toget007

Yes, the big O-rings, it leaks there to.... :( I'm not quite so happy With my machine, I've had some trouble With it...
Try send it to toget_thomas@hotmail.com
Do you have a price for the parts?

Thanks, you're very helpfull :)

lumberjack

...Do you have a price for the parts?

My computer crashed and I'm in the process of rebuilding it currently so it will likely be a few hours before I can get you a price. 4 month old, $4.1k Mac... Glad I back up, including the wedding I was at yesterday!...

Not very patient eh?

225 is the front axle, 226 is the rear of the early machines.
The piston seals:
203594 $20.84
203595 $24.93

The O Ring:
203607 $4.76

What other issues are you having?

Last edited:

toget007

I recived the part manual earlyer today, Thank you very much :)
I had to change the the hydraulic drive motor, the air heater started to leak, Three hydraulic hoses has blown, SOLENOID VALVES, ++
Now it's abaut 780 houres on it, not so much!.. 2009/10 mod With cab!..

Can you send the parts to Norway, zip 1866? :eek:

Thanks

lumberjack

Yeah we can. I'll try to get you a shipping quote tomorrow. The office girl didn't get back to me with it this afternoon.

lumberjack

Alright, that's no problem.

I also forgot to tell her to list the standard 2% forum discount. Not earth shattering on $50 in part, I know. Still, it applies to everything.

Last edited:

siduramaxde

Mr. lumberjack, Wouldn't it be wise to have a machine with a full cab when doing tree work (especially in the woods)? I used to do some logging and I have seen what can fall from the sky...it could for sure kill a man.

lumberjack

Haha "Mr!" I'm 26.

I don't do logging, but I get your concern. I wanted a 2 post to get under low obstacles in folks yards. Now that we have the 2 post 140, my next AL540 might have cab/air.