• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion T-500 Grade O Matic

rick nelson

I have a Galion T-500 Grade O Matic . I am trying to find out if they used the same transmissions in the Grade O Matic's and what type of transmission is in it. Also need to know what type of fluid I would use? I can drive it in high speed, high range but the slightest hill will slow it down to nothing. Same thing in the high range low speed. Any help on what to look for. I have a Case tractor with the Case O Matic that acts the same way when it's low on fluid
Thanks in advance
Rick

rick nelson

Opps I took a look underneath and found it is a Clark Transmission and the two pet cocks leak oil if I open them. So would this mean the oil level is OK?

rick nelson

I am curious if it is common on the older graders to be equipped with the blade side shift , the blade assembly side shift, blade tilt, scarifier and front blade lift. This grader came with the snow wing also.

Thanks
Rick