• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gabe Rygaard of "Ax Men" dies

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Sad to hear. The wife just showed me the report on her Facebook page.

d9gdon

Damn he was too young to go. Leaves some young kids and a wife, what a tragedy.

Unfortunately, looks like he wasn't wearing a seat belt. Hit the back of a Tahoe in front of him that was slowing suddenly and was sent head on into the other lane. Looked like the crash was survivable to me.

Last edited:

lantraxco

One from Ice Road Truckers, one from Ax Men, who's next, Deadliest Catch? Not trying to be macabre, just gotta wonder... :confused:

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
One from Ice Road Truckers, one from Ax Men, who's next, Deadliest Catch? Not trying to be macabre, just gotta wonder... :confused:
Someone from those gold mining shows....
Parker or "What's-his-ugly-beard" guy ?

Last edited:

lantraxco

Phil Harris has already gone

True dat, but a long time ago, and medical issues. I liked him, and sadly you could watch him driving himself to it living on cigarettes and cases of red bulls.
For that matter we lost Grandpa John off of Gold Rush too.

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
That's savage. His poor father and family. How quick life can change, one minute maybe rushing for parts, then smash, your life is over. Sobering news, and real sad.