• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

g930 volvo

Ryanrb25

hey guys

just outta curiosity want to know if anyone has used or owns a G930 VOLVO Grader. We've had ours for 500 hours now from brand new and seems like an awesome machine. Just wanna know what to look for if anything...any tips or advice.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Image024.jpg
    Image024.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 4,468

Finish Blademan

Occupation
Sitework superintendent for Wolff Construction. ww
hey guys

just outta curiosity want to know if anyone has used or owns a G930 VOLVO Grader. We've had ours for 500 hours now from brand new and seems like an awesome machine. Just wanna know what to look for if anything...any tips or advice.

Cheers.
Volvo makes a good looking machine.One of our competitors here in Central Texas uses Volvo Blades and loaders.They are a reputable company and turn out plenty of work.I am assuming their blades are good machines at the rate they turn out streets and parking lots with em.
I cant give any advice as I have run Cat Blades most of my life.

Ryanrb25

We also have a CAT 140H. That too is an awesome machine. This Volvo has enormous amounts of grunt! The triptronic electronic transmission is awesome aswell. Has TOPCON GPS added aswell. Thanks for your thoughts anyway. :)

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Those are made in the US now. Plant in Canada was shut down.
Volvo has put into the graders their "common" parts.
Engine is made on the engine plant.
I believe i've heard that the trans and diff/axle is made in Sweden at the trans factory.
Just be shure to have your service rep visits u regularly and get the latest software updates.

Not many produsers that has a so good system that monitors problems that show up on their graders. After a number has had common problems, they start investigating and make a change that is done on all graders.
Havent had any issues on our 6x G976 since the last software update.(that one took care of everything we where not happy with)

tippatone

Occupation
Future heavy equipment operator
Hey MKTEF, what kind of grader is that in your avatar?

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
One of our G976.
With all the Norwegian and Scandinavian stuff. Inkluding joystick stearing.
A lot of pics in the grader section under volvo graders.

Ryanrb25

This thing only has 500Hours on it. Still brand spankin new. One hell of a machine tho. Impressive in all compartments

pabear52

Occupation
Pipeliner, Earthmover, Miner,Dragline operator
Hi Ryan, yes they are a great machine and along with John Deere will give Cat a well deserved kick in the pants. They have one of the best grader cabins I have been in. The Deeres have a good cabin too. A Volvo 990G with 750hrs now is what I run and have no complaints other than the horses are only ponies and no torgue at low revs. It is a good heavy grader -about 26 tonnes with ripper/scarifiers on her back, Volvo 9 litre, 275 HP, 20.5x 25 Michelins, cruise and climate control, 16 foot blade and a pleasure to work. Some parts about them I feel are not as robust as they should be but work it accordingly and Im sure they will give very good service for many years to come. By the way, Terex have one just out, a six wheel driver made in Germany about 23 tonnes, ball race turntable, Cummins and ZF trannie. I bet it can push. Komatsu make a very good grader I have run too but never really got much market share in OZ.

Volvo G900 operating tips

hey guys

Cheers.

just a couple of things - learn how to maximize the shuttle shift feature - so you don't need to use the clutch when shiftign forward to reverse - ofcourse you need to use it when your stopping but it make life easier for you. Combine the shuttle shigt with autoshift and you cna really reduce cylce times and let the grader do alot ogf the work. Also learn the proper use of the power speed switch as you'll save lots on fuel.

Hope you enjoy your ride.

taufan

take good care on differential, especially on diff lock. more difflock usage makes excessive wear, but less difflock usage creates abnormal lubrication on some parts, and creates wear too. I ever worked on its dealer before

mtrgrdr

The Volvo G930 is a fantastic machine with all sorts of operator benefits. Volvo purchased Champion Road Machinery, Ltd. of Goderich, Ontario in 1997. A couple years later Volvo made some minor changes and added their brand. These were various versions of the Champion-designed 700 Series with the 700 B-Series changing to Volvo engines placed into the original Champion platform.

However, the G900 Series is a 100% clean sheet of paper design and only shares the disc service brake and blade lift components of the earlier Champion graders. Besides being painted yellow and having six wheels there is not much in common with the earlier Champion graders. Like the earlier Champions, Volvo kept the transmission inside the wheelbase, providing better weight distribution than Cat and Deere. Everything else is Volvo-designed and built.

The G900 operator's manual has a wealth of information. You should also check in with the sales department at your Vlovo CE dealer and get a copy of the G900 Familiarization & Maintenance DVD. It's an interactive program that will give you some good tips and also includes a complete operator manual. You should get this at no charge.

Good luck!

DOUAHCHIA

thanks alot for the advice guys

Attachments

• 695256474-620520714-Volvo-g900-Modelos-PDF-1-316-345-1.pdf
    680.4 KB · Views: 2