• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel Issue With My Track Loader

wray nc

I have an International 100B Series II track loader, made in the UK. It has the International 206
German diesel and Bosch injection pump. The throttle is a three position ;full in- run, half way- stop, full out- start. As I was operating it the other day, it just all of a sudden stopped as if I had pulled the throttle cable to the stop position. I can get it running but only with the throttle at the full out (start) position. As soon as I return it to the run position, it dies. I feel it is an injection pump problem but can't put my finger on the problem. It seems to be getting plenty of fuel. I have changed the in-line filter from the tank, the other filters were changed approx. ten hours ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
That pump is called a VA pump.. You should time the pump & engine before pulling the pump off.
The pump is keyed so that's a no-brainer but inorder to fine tune the timing, you have to pull the side cover on the pump and line-up the line inside the cover w/ the pointer inside the cover.
The VA pump is on of those things that are hard to diagnose on engine.. theres nothing to remove or look into to see if its working.
If you attempt to dismantle the pump in ANY WAY, just know that parts are VERY hard to come by and impossible in most cases if you break something.
Remove the injector lines from the pump and see if it still pumping fuel when you move the throttle from start to run..
Personally, I would remove the linkage from both the levers.. and operate them by hand..
The top lever runs the rpm and the bottom runs the fuel..
Hold the top lever 1/2 way open and try to start it w/ the bottom lever at the starting position..
while holding the top lever at 1/2, move the bottom to full.. Is it still pumping fuel or did it stop??

wray nc

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I have another injection pump I'll will probably swap out. Thought there may be a quick fix for this
situation.