• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

front brakes pulling to the left

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
One other thing to check... If you have Hendrickson rear suspension, check the alignment screws and clamp bolts, make sure those are tight too. If the truck darts left, check the right side first.

workshoprat92

One other thing to check... If you have Hendrickson rear suspension, check the alignment screws and clamp bolts, make sure those are tight too. If the truck darts left, check the right side first.

It is kenworth AG-100 airbag suspension. I just did all the bushings, Sway bars and upgraded the steel elephant ears to the aluminum ones. Its solid as can be and all brand new. It was doing this before and after I went through the rear.

workshoprat92

I think I may have an answer to this issue. I just need the time to check it out and change some parts. So heres what I think. On my rears I had my rh front drive cam over. so as a get er by patch i just changed the shoes and kept going. After a bit the rear axle had one cam over and i backed it off and kept going trying to get a job done and then the other one on the rear cammed over so i was screwed for doing something at that point. anyhow tore the rear end all down and decided that the s cam bushings were bad enough id just go ahead and change s cams bushings slack adjusters and all. so i replaced shoes, s cams, bushings and seals. after running that set up that way a bit i noticed that the rear drive when i would adjust brakes would take many turns to bring everything back up to adjusted but the front drive and steer would not take very much at all. now on the front end the side that pulls takes far more adjustment than the other side. Ok so my LH front drive developed a wheel seal leak and now i figured its time to do front drive just like rear drive. s cams bushings and all. So when i disassembled my rh front drive I noticed the s cam surface where the roller rolls looked washboarded much like a dirt road would get with heavy traffic. I am now theorizing that s cams wear that way and get kind of a washboard affect to their surface. this would cause grooves for the roller to get stuck on and loose ability to apply brake pressure as its fighting getting out of the bottom of the washboard. thats why my rear drive wears brakes so much faster with new s cams. I think I have the same thing on the front brakes where i have on side with worse washboard effect than the other. Im thinking i need new s cams and bushings on the front also.

Just a theory at this point but i should see how it goes after i do my front drive axle. I got a feeling im gona have all kinds of brakes i never had before!!!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Check the torque arm bushings if they were not replaced, if they were then get the running gear alignment checked as well look into each of the drives to see if any grease contamination AT ALL on the trailing side as grease will slip.