• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Forage harvesting -Alfalfa

colson04

I just like to share pics. We're chopping alfalfa today, about 100 acres ready. We've got 400 acres of alfalfa and we will chop it 5 times during the growing season. First cutting was during the 3rd week of May, then every 28 days after that.

Our mower:IMAG0531.jpg IMAG0530.jpg IMAG0532.jpg

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I remember when the neighbor put up some silage that was a little green. Talk about stench! If the wind was out of the south I couldn't stand to be in my house!! We sure didn't have anything that nice!

colson04

The harvestor is a John Deere 7850.

The triple mower rig takes a 30 ft swath, cuts , conditions and lays it out nearly full width to speed curing time. Typically, we can cut in the morning, and then merge and chop by mid to late day.

We're heading out to finish this morning with the dew on it. That mower does such a good job that one parcel dried too much.