• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Flood work

Coastal

Well, the first day i got my new to me PC75, I had a job through some builders working on an MX track they have. The track is in a Native reserve...so im just about to unload, and a guy stops me and asks how much for the machine per hour, I told him $100/hr. He then asks if i want to build a dyke around the reserve, since one of our major rivers is due to flood any day now. I said sure, they had a meeting, and super tight budget and gave me 2-3 days to do the work.

On the second day, they came out and said the govt. has decided to pay for it, and to build a super dyke! Soooo now I get to hang out in the forest by myself knocking down trees and building berms for a week or so. Im lovin it!

My first gray market machine is paying off...at this rate, it should be paid off in about 40-50 days.

:D

woberlin

Occupation
excavating contractor/bodyshop owner
Congrat's, it sure pays to be in the right place at the right time! sounds like alot of fun.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
Your really lucky that the gov't is paying you if they were not COD only.

I assume you must have bought a Tractor Hill special :D

Two local contractors that bought gray market PC75s the one contractor got rid of theirs after a year because of various problems with it and parts availability. The second contractor still his machine but its problematic too I bet he has dumped couple grand or more in repairs.

I hope you have good luck with your machine because buying gray market machines is risky. I don't think Terra Tech will even look at the machines and places like Tractor Hill imports the machines and gives them a 5 gallon rebuild and try sell them.

The flood situation is a big problem its costing lots of money. One of the Jack Cewe mines has supplied atleast million tons of gravel to build up the dykes and that is just from one pit.

Hopefully the rivers don't flood and mother nature co-operates because the south coast of B.C. can't take a big disaster like that. The cost of living and expenses are so high now if people loose their house they can't afford to rebuild they will be bankrupt.

Coastal

LOL, almost a tractor hill special, right next door actually. The guy i got it from picks the good ones, and ive known him for a while. I got to see it in its original condition and it was immaculate in purple paint. The tracks were rubber and like new. I could buy three of these for the cost of a new one, so if I have to spend a few thousand in repairs, im still ahead.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
Your lucky that you have a good one I know some of those machines are cleaned up and painted better than what Ritchie Bros does.

I was watching Global news they had a report that the river isn't rising as fast as they thought which is good.

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
I only hit one job like that. Suck it up while you can, its pretty much a tax refund.