1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

fixing thrown track on kubota

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by videoeic, Apr 17, 2008.

1. videoeic

videoeic Member

Yesterday I threw a rubber track on my Kubota 91-2,
    I'm trying to put it back on and removed the grease fitting and am trying to push the idler back but it wont budge.
    I have a heavy duty ratchet strap wrapped around the idler trying to move it, but nothing.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    John

2. humboldt deere

humboldt deere Well-Known Member

general building and engineering contractor
    you have to remove the bolt that the zerk is in, lift the track off the ground and the weight of the track should run the idler back in. use a big bar to run the track on while some body slowly runs the track forward and it should jump back on.

3. greywynd

greywynd Well-Known Member

Yes, the bolt the zerk is in acts like a check valve. It needs to be removed. I would suggest you release any extra tension on the idler when you do it, or you may end up wearing a big gob of grease!!

4. videoeic

videoeic Member

Thanks

Worked!

5. AtlasRob

AtlasRob Senior Member

owner operator
    Ok

Ye, but you forgot the pictures :Banghead