• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

FIAT ALLIS 745C No Reverse

JNewton

just got a 745C strong in forward, reverse wanted to drive but not quite. Changed trans filter, checked and cleaned screen at the bottom of the tranny. Screen had an accumulation of fines, filled the tranny with 10 gals diesel and the reverse worked much better, forward still strong, reverse quit working and I continued to go from N to R and it picked up again, drove around for 5 - 10 mins and went to park the machine- no reverse. Drained the diesel and pulled the bottom plate from the tranny, an accumulation of fines in the bottom, none on the screen. I filled the tranny with 10 gallons of hyd. fluid and still no reverse. Forward is strong. According to the gauge the trans pressure appears good in N and in F but most times will drop to nothing in R, sometimes in reverse it does stay in the yellow, this is when the reverse had picked up in the past and then went into the green but nothing now. I am thinking towards the valve body or possibly an oring, not sure any help would be great! thanks,