• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fancy Hard-Face

Former Wrench

Occupation
Retired
I was in Kake Alaska a few weeks back doing recon for a project. This dozer was parked along the road. I got a big kick out of the hard-face job with the state and national flags. What do you think?

PICT0124.jpg

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
I knew a Very artistic welder who hard faced a large hemp leaf on the blade of a d9....
Then called over all the other welders over to admire it....
then had a saftey meeting. ....then back to work.

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
Oh....and after the meeting he .......filled it in with weld

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
I knew a Very artistic welder who hard faced a large hemp leaf on the blade of a d9....
Then called over all the other welders over to admire it....
then had a saftey meeting. ....then back to work.

That's funny. Back in 1975 I was a young soldier at Ft Riley KS. Hemp grew wild out in the training/maneuver area 10-12 feet high and was referred to a Kansas Killer Weed (according to the pot heads it wasn't very good). On an exercise we were ordered to use natural foliage to camouflage our tanks. The command had no sense of humor at all over the camo job on our tanks!

Rick