• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fair backhoe rates

DigDug

I do most work by bid . But if someone ask for a hourly price its $100hr. with a 580. I'm in southern Maine.

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
If it has a motor and a seat and costs less then $100,000 then $125/hr
If it has a motor and I hold it in my hand then $125/hr
If it does not have a motor and I hold it in my hand then $125/hr
That said anyone out there need any work done?

I thought so maybe I will just sit back and watch some TV.

Lashlander

If it has a motor and a seat and costs less then $100,000 then $125/hr
If it has a motor and I hold it in my hand then $125/hr
If it does not have a motor and I hold it in my hand then $125/hr
That said anyone out there need any work done?

I thought so maybe I will just sit back and watch some TV.

I like your attitude Dwan.:thumbsup I do however, have a hard time to believe your sitting around watching TV. Its about time to get paid to sweep up all that sand that you got paid to put down last winter isn't it?:cool2

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
I like your attitude Dwan.:thumbsup I do however, have a hard time to believe your sitting around watching TV. Its about time to get paid to sweep up all that sand that you got paid to put down last winter isn't it?:cool2

Sure is but the rain has slowed things down a bit. so far I have put in a little under 200 hours sweeping and figure I am about 1/2 way through with spring cleanup. Then comes replacing the stripes we sanded off during the winter.
I just bought a inferred heater to repair potholes and man is that taking off. (it works great). Just what I needed was another job LOL. But it keeps me out of the house, and with out electricity going from $.11/KWH to a little over $.55/KWH this month I need to find something to occupy my spare time.
Snow level dropped back down to 1500 ft yesterday and we had a little on the windshield.
I have about 300 tons of parking lot sweepings for sale. Any takers? The last 15 tons came from around the Alaska Brewing co. and smells like hops.

Lashlander

Yup, I was right. I heard you had a little problem with your powerline. We had snow here yesterday. Didn't stay to long. I've still got a couple feet in my yard though. Its time to knock it off.

dilligas

how I do it

Day1- $500 for 1/2 day $1000 for a full day.
Day2 or more - $400/ $800

Day1 pays for time to haul and fuel etc...

Oh, and I rather use my mini than a 580 any time. Been there done that. Faster, easyier to haul gets into tight spaces, does not tear up the surrounding area w/ out riggers, grades with the floating dozer blade..

d4c24a

Uk rates

here in the uk the co that i work for are paying owner operators £18.50 hr
or around $31 hr ,with fuel supplied ,if the hammer is used its £50 per day
this is for backhoes ,anyone fancy those rates :eek:

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
this is for backhoes ,anyone fancy those rates :eek:

Put my name down Graham, I'll trade the duck in tomorrow....NOT! :Banghead

And guys are probably greatful for the work. We are our own worse enemies in this business but it takes a big man to say no I aint working for that and park the machine. You and I both know somebody else will fall over themselves to put a machine in your place.