• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator

hammertime

Local job going on up near my place. I have a question.. What is that container filled with dirt called in the second pic? Lots of excavator jobs in Arizona have these close by. I'm guessing to collect materials but it would take some damage emptying it out with a bucket over years of work. Do you just lift it with the hoe and tip it to empty?This is the only one I have ever seen with wheels. Most sit flat on the ground. Thanks!

IMG_1344.PNG IMG_1345.PNG IMG_1342.PNG

sheepfoot

We call them a rock box, You can fill them with fill or rock with a loader to keep the site cleaner and less waste of material. Backhoe can load out of it easy and bring it along as as needed.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Yeah we use them on water and sewer jobs for drainage stone for bedding pipes. The loader dumps into it the the hoe digs it out when he needs it. Keep your material clean and you have less waste. You can pick it up and move it with you with the bar on the end. They just rebuild the floor when needed. Most guys on water and sewer jobs are pretty light handed and don't hang them up too bad. Can't have a rough hoe man working around live water and sewer lines plus there are men in the trench.

hammertime

thank you. I tried many google searches with no luck. Now I know the name. They have been laying sewer pipe so that makes total sense now.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I bought a new one at auction a year or so ago, handy as a shirt pocket. The biggest benefit is not wasting stone.