• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Euclid green paint

mog5858

i would like to start painting my S7 scraper when i am fixing up as i go. but having a hard time to find the right green paint. have found a few paint codes but when i try and get them mixed or order them no luck. any ideas on where to get a good paint chip to do some color mach ? i can get Cat yellow and gray all day long. but have not had much luck with green for my Euclid's i have 2 scraper to get done some day. mine are late 50's machines. i live in Canada so let me know what's out there. thanks

DIYDAVE

Gotta buddy who insists its a 1:1 mixture of jd green and yellow...;)

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I've always thought that the old Euclids and the old green Steigers were close to the same color. But I have never seen an actual side by side comparison.

ScottAR

According to paint ref, PPG number 45771. They may have to call ppg for a formula or offset as it may not be in the computer.

mog5858

thanks for the info. hope you have better luck with your PPG guy yes that's a real number but it's not in the computer and after getting him to call said there was nothing her could do for me. i explained to him that this would be more than one Gallon if paint.

ScottAR

My day job deals with PPG so that guy is me. :rolleyes:

So, first I pop into the computer the 45771 and zippo. PPG tells me that's a green for the coke company. I ddn't get a formula.
I generic search in plant machinery and find 3130 terex green. but only available in delfleet. Pretty pricey.
So, PPG tells me that 44775 is Euclid green. They also tell me that an offset is available in 82746 chrysler safety yellow. Our fax machine ate the first two but I could make 82746 so I made a dab and it looks similar. Good place to start at least. If you have a panel that was in the dark. underside of tool box lid, inside air cleaner etc. They should be able to do a scan and get 'er close.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 89

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
FYI: The Terex green was quite a bit brighter than the old Euclid green, when you viewed it side by side. Many years ago, I painted 2 old Euclid R15's with Terex green. They stood out like a sore thumb, when parked next to a couple of new Euclid R22's we just took delivery of.

mog5858

thanks Scott for your help. i take these new number's in to are local distributor and see if there any help too them. it's nice to get this stuff figure out now so when spring roles around i ready to go paint.

mountainguyed67

Seems awful expensive for a spray can. If it is the correct shade of green, buy one can, then take a sample of it to a paint store and have them match it.

Are there places that will do that with spray cans? I don’t know of any local. It’s supposed to be some super duper durable paint, yeah we’ll see.

Tinkerer

I don't know of anywhere you can get custom made colors in spray cans.
But, two lousy cans are $32.00. I hope you aren't going to paint the entire machine with rattle cans.:eek:
I was suggesting have a gallon custom mixed and start spry with a gun. Either air powered or an airless sprayer.

carogator

I don't know of any place now, but when I worked for NAPA, we sold Martin-senour paints. We could get custom cans for customers. Back then they were only about six bucks.