• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Equipment Accidents

buddy605

Occupation
Engineering tech/ survey
most are from the patch

most of these pics are from the alberta oil patch, that is my understanding.

buddy605

Occupation
Engineering tech/ survey
not in the patch any more, with an engineering company in town, had my fill of local contractors or was spoiled when I was out west.

woodchuck2

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Yes sir!!! Lots of soiled underwear i suspect, i know i would have crapped myself being an operator of most of those accidents. The pipe on the truck and the crushed cabs on the excavators i would say are the worst.

ZAXIS

Occupation
Mgr./Member of Rainwater Construction Company, LLC
Long story short, the excavator was on the way to rescue a grader that dropped into very soft material. The operator (being a genius) took the same route as the grader and the hoe dropped in since it weighed more.

The machine sunk fairly deep and they built a pad out to the machine so they had a stable base to work from for the recovery. Building the pad took several days and since it was in the winter, snow accumulated.

They were able to dig the machine out without incident.......tailings sand is wonderful stuff.

Brian
alco, thanks for telling the story of the sunk Hitachi-That has been on my screen saver in my office for quite a while now.