• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Edd--problem with Cat 302.5 mini

Edd

1999 mini excavator -cat 302.5 with cab - engine runs fine - the hydronic sword intermittently -
Sequence Of event
1 - it will be working ok
2- when I lift the left console and pull switch handle up - But then when I return the console to the Down or operating position the hydronics most time will not operate immediately.
3- if I increase the RPM's many times I will start to work
4- it's sometime works for hr's but then it will stop working monetarily
5- but it's never stops working completely- it alway stats working

The switch in the console has be changed twice in the last two year by the Cat dealer-
Hear in Montana. They also did some wiring work -
Now they are telling me that in need to send it too trier shop so
They can take the cab off so they can look at everything.
If I life the floorboard is there anything that would be there that might be cousing the problem Ed

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums, Edd.

I've edited the title of your thread so that everybody can get an idea of what you're asking about.

Glen Bell

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator at a coal mine
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums, Edd.

I've edited the title of your thread so that everybody can get an idea of what you're asking about.

I read the whole post and still don't understand. I figure by "hydronics" he means hydraulics, but the reference to "hydronic sword" has me baffled. I dunno.