• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

dust suppression water freezing up

kevink

Anyone have any tricks or experience with heating water or antifreeze chemicals to add with water for my dust suppression in freezing temprature

Thanks in advance

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
Don't shut the pumps off. Drain the lines at the end of the day. You could add heat trace lines and insulate if draining is infeasible.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Could make a salt solution like they use on roads . I would think plastic pipe would be best. May not work if it got stupid cold.

Planedriver

Occupation
Farmer
We use urea at the airport for runway deice since it is less corrosive to aluminum. I would think a diluted solution would work for your application.

grandpa

Straight salt applied directly to the road surface will work too,,, it pulls the moisture from the air... no mixing no fuss, just results.