• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Driving fence posts with a mini?

kensmith69

A couple of my fencing machines, Bobcat with probe for hard ground and frost , ex with a vibrator.

Attachments

• IMG_3532.jpg
    IMG_3532.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_6035.jpg
    IMG_6035.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 598

Queenslander

So how do you fellers attach barb wire to the posts?
In these parts, when standing fence in cattle country, the wire is run through holes bored in hardwood posts.
The advent of modern drivers has led to some imaginative setups, able to complete the whole job in one pass, minus straining up of course.
Cheers, Greg

ChuckS999

Occupation
Heavy equipment sales
Hi CRAFT,

Your system sounds interesting. I am in Ontario and looking to start in a new line of work a little "later in life". Would love to see a picture or of the plate with cups and the probe.
Thanks & Cheers! Chuck

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Hi CRAFT,

Your system sounds interesting. I am in Ontario and looking to start in a new line of work a little "later in life". Would love to see a picture or of the plate with cups and the probe.
Thanks & Cheers! Chuck

These are a couple of Pics of each Machine with the Modified Skid-Pac to Probe and Drive the Posts …..Enjoy !!!

Attachments

• IMG_0741.jpg
    IMG_0741.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_0742.jpg
    IMG_0742.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_0737.jpg
    IMG_0737.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 407

Steeldriver

interesting forum. Questions and information on post driving.

I have built fences for the last 15 years around the us. everyone wants posts driven these days. more so every year. i have tried most types of pounders over the years, none get a fence close enough. the vibration from even a dead weight will cause a tractor or skid steer to walk enough and throw a post off level and measurement. hydraulics are no different. havent tried vibrating pounder yet. to make things worse i generally take work most will not attempt given the terrain or soil, 10 to 20% of work i do is out of reach even after cutting access roads thru hills. Soils i deal with are from blow sand, glacial till, bedrock, lava, gumbo, loam to swamps. I use up to 20ft posts on fences and sometimes have to pile drive up to 30ft to get a decent hold. weights also a factor i am always looking at. helps getting harder to get and injuries from Iraq are catching up to me so need to get serious on pounding posts. Not ready to give this work up yet. open to suggestions. leaning towards vibration but not set yet on it.

questions i haven't seen on here,

what size weights on dead drops being used?

how much welding of stress cracks from vibrations?

what is the output on vibrators some have listed here?