• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dresser 530 reverse slipping

Mike5900

I just picked up a 86 dresser 530 works fine in all 3 forward gears but reverse it'll barely move in reverse at full rev so was wondering where the pressure test ports are located on it and if anyone had this issue before thanks

Acecadet

The upper most shaft is your forward reverse pack. The test ports are where the plugs are at #10. If the pressure is low on one of them I would suggest pulling the cover and checking the hook ring seals on the shaft. Perhaps you could get lucky and only have to replace them rather than an R/R and full tear down.

Attachments

• IMG_2250.png
    IMG_2250.png
    501.6 KB · Views: 4

Mike5900

Alrighty thanks but on my dresser 530 it only has one little Allen head plug at that location where the main pump line goes in on the front? Cause to be honest the pic more resembles my older hough 65 trans with that style but still has just one port that I could see on that one in that location on the from of the Trans

Mike5900

And I did tap into that one port earlier with a 400psi Guage but it barely got to like 20psi on it in drive or reverse on it in any gear and would climb to like 25 maybe 30psi while rev up some so idk if my Guage is faulty or if that one single port on mine ain't the right place?

Mike5900

Oh no worries at all appreciate any help on it and not sure on exact model of the 530 it is but it is an 86 machine if that helps

FWD

What kind of an engine is in it? A 530C would have a Cummins engine in it. Anearlier one would have a DT 466C IH engine and an even earlier one would have a DT414B IH engine. There was quite a few changes to the 530C other than the engine too,FWD

Mike5900

It's got the dt466 in it and this one is 24 volt if that helps find out the model at all I know some were 12v before hand and trans has glass sight glass not dip stick and the control valve has the additional scheduling valve stacked on top of it on the outside top of it

Acecadet

I think the pressure tap you are looking for is right next to the scheduling valve. It is the only spot to check on your transmission. I would set up a 300lb gauge with a hose and see what’s going on in both forward and reverse and compare pressures.

Mike5900

So actually on the scheduling valve there's a port for it? Or just near it? Cause there was one line going into the scheduling valve that has a t on it and at the end of the t there's a quick coupler that kinda resembles like a Porta power press male fitting almost would that be where I tap into to check pressures?

Acecadet

Thats the one I believe. It should be the fluid inlet. When it is put into forward or reverse it should drop for a moment and then recover. If the pressure stays down, there is a leak somewhere.

Mike5900

Alrighty I'll look into that and see if I can find an adapter to plug into it but currently its 9 degrees out here lol

Mike5900

That's the little fitting coming off the t there cause I've tried pretty much every other Allen head hole that some people were telling me they were the test ports on it