• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Drainage Contracts?

jazak

Anyone have something they'd like to share with me? Been getting calls for drainage work like crazy this year (must be because of all the rain we've gotten). I would think that since there are alot of variables with drainage work the contracts would be different.

Any opinions or info would be greatly appreciated!!

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Anyone have something they'd like to share with me? Been getting calls for drainage work like crazy this year (must be because of all the rain we've gotten). I would think that since there are alot of variables with drainage work the contracts would be different.

Any opinions or info would be greatly appreciated!!

Yeah--basements only leak when it's raining you know.Wish I had a dollar everytime I heard that. All different--no 2 alike.

oisinirish

Regardless of what type of drainage you're putting in here's what i think.

Definitely need to take into account:
Soil type
Rock Clauses if necessary
Depth as it pertains to how much pipe you'll be able to get a day(this is huge if its deep)
Dewatering?
Trench shoring?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Jazak, what kind of drainage work?