• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

does anyone see fiat hitachi bulldozer???

raolela

Occupation
sell used construction machines
Hi, does anyone know fiat hitachi bulldozer, now we want to buy some bulldozer, but there is one fiat hitachi DX175 for recommendation, so anyone have any idea on this kind of bulldozer??/

please offer your kind advice...

diggerdave1958

Hey, raolela. I have seen a couple Hitachi Dozers at auctions they where about the same as a John Deere 450G at the time i think someone told me that they are remarketed John Deeres like the Hitachi Excavators/John deere Excavators are. I am probley wrong about this but i think thats what they told me. Seemed like a pretty nice machine at the time, but it was a auction

YELLOMTLMILITIA

I used to run a couple FD175 fiat-hitachis, always got tired of adjusting the steering clutches like everyday before work on both of them. Dont know why they would never self adjust. had decent power about like a D6D would have. they wont hang with a 65 komatsu or D6T. Now i did run some FL20s fiat trackloaders and those sucker were Hauss!! to bad the were to heavy for residential demoliton.

Ross

Not to bad ... Again, paint them yellow and stick a CAT badge on and they intantly become good!

Never had much problem .. Just the direction/speed joystick can cause issues ..

The Cabs tilt on them as well ... Iveco Power-plant is pretty tough ..

raolela

Occupation
sell used construction machines
Hey, raolela. I have seen a couple Hitachi Dozers at auctions they where about the same as a John Deere 450G at the time i think someone told me that they are remarketed John Deeres like the Hitachi Excavators/John deere Excavators are. I am probley wrong about this but i think thats what they told me. Seemed like a pretty nice machine at the time, but it was a auction

Does you mean this machine is faked machine, it is acutally John Deree bulldozer? if want to buy a good bulldozer, if only choose CAT bulldozer?

brianscathouse

Occupation
Auto repair shop owner/mechanic
I have a Fiat Hitachi (Alllis in North America) FD145 and is a D5 size machine. Not a John Deere copy. Seems to work alright. Havent had any steering clutch issues. Some electrical issues I have to sort out and main brake hydraulic hose had a leak where tilting cab flexes it most when in down position. That 175 should be a D6 size machine. Got mine for about a 1/3 of what a Cat would go for. Use it for my own use and doesnt have to work every day either. Only has 5000 hrs and is a 1998.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
brianscathouse is more correct the Fiat line bought into Hitachi and were building the Fiat Allis rebadged FD175 as a Hitachi, only difference I ever saw was the badging, still had the Iveco design engines.

brianscathouse

Occupation
I used to run a couple FD175 fiat-hitachis, always got tired of adjusting the steering clutches like everyday before work on both of them. Dont know why they would never self adjust. had decent power about like a D6D would have. they wont hang with a 65 komatsu or D6T. Now i did run some FL20s fiat trackloaders and those sucker were Hauss!! to bad the were to heavy for residential demoliton.
Any tips on how to adjust the steering clutches, mine seem ok when warmed up but cold are very non responsive. Would like to check adjustment and having trouble finding any help online.

brianscathouse

Occupation
Any ideas you can give me on how to adjust those steering clutches?