• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Digging a pond???

ttazzman

I have been looking for someone to clean out my pond for almost a year now. If you have experience at this, I'm sure there is money to be made in just about any area of the country. It seemed like a big mystery who can clean out a pond no matter where i asked.

no offense intended but i am guessing you do not want to pay by the hour.........reason being cleaning ponds is a guessing game that is hard to win...who knows what is on the bottom of that pond...how much sediment...hopefully the operator will not dig through the sealing layer of the pond....hauling mud and sediment sux....cleaning up your tracks after a pond job can take as long as cleaning the pond...machine needs to be large enough to clean full depth in one pass...hopefully the pond can be fully drained easily...easy to get stuck in a unknown bottom...etc.........usually ponds do not get cleaned because the owner wants a firm price......the best way is to do what i did and go rent a machine and do your own pond yourself.....

shawneecat

Occupation
Retired
Yair...I honestly don't understand. Eights and sevens with scoops? Excavators...even finish Cats, bloody hell! multiple machines to build a puddle hole. What world do you blokes live in? A hole that size is a couple of days work for (say) a Komatsu 65.

Look at it this way. Fifty foot is just five slots and it's only three maybe four floors deep...get real fellers, five grand tops.

That's why I bought my dozer to clean out by pond.