• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diesel in the coolant Bobcat 753

Eprn1n2

Occupation
Pilot
There is diesl fuel in my coolant. What are the possible causes of this?

Eprn1n2

Occupation
Pilot
Uh Oh. Maybe its oil. When I purchased it I checked the coolant and found it to look abnormal. I changed it out. I finally took the old coolant to the waste station and smelt the fuel. I'll speak to the Bobcat dealer and see if they can check a coolant sample.

mountainlake

Occupation
sawmill operator
Oil would make a lot more sence, bad oil cooler if it has one or head gasket or cracked head. Cracked head is common. Steve

Delmer

I'd flush it with dishwasher detergent and as many rain water rinses as needed, and see how if the new stuff gets any smell to it, or oily sheen on the top, except it sounds like you already put new stuff in. Does the new stuff have any sheen on the top? It could be just really old nasty antifreeze too.

Eprn1n2

Occupation
Pilot
I think that is a good idea. There are no other indications of a problem. It runs fine, there is no oil foaming, and the coolant still looks like coolant though with the diesel smell. I'll flush the crap out of it.

crewchief888

just some random info on the coolant that bobcat uses.

it's a PG type A/F it starts out purple, after a few heating and cooling cycles, it turns brown, to the untrained eye it doesnt look good at all.....

:eek: