• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Did I damage my machine?

Canadian_digger

I bought a 2010 bw145d-40 bomag this spring. It has been working great. Last time I used it I notice the high speed travel was not working well. Slow and week seems to be labouring. It's only a little faster than the slow speed. I was reading through the manual and it said to only change speeds at a standstill. I was going from high to low while moving. Would doing this damage it causing the symptoms it has?

Thanks.

chris_james

If the Manuel says do it at a standsill I would do it. Just make sure you dont vibrate while sitting sitll to change speeds

Tractorguy

We have some Sakai and atlas copco out and I don't think they'll vibrate when you shift.

lantraxco

I won't say you should ignore the warning, but typically it's there as a safety issue not because you can damage the machine, though I suppose anything's possible. Need to do pressure checks, like a slipping clutch that won't slip in low gear but does slip in third or fourth, when you go into the travel speed the motor displacement comes down, it's like changing gears up, so in order to move the machine over the same ground the pressure has to be higher. Could just be a weak relief valve.