• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition companies in China?

chris pochari

Hi I'm a new member here, I thought I would join to ask some of the professionals here.
So my questions are
#1 is most demolition in China done by state owned enterprises
#2 how does a foreign demolition firm enter the Chinese market
#3 how corrupt is it, do you need to bribe the communist official to get a contract?
I have lurked this forum for some time and I'm amazed at the wealth of information here so I figured this would be the right place to ask.
Please note that I am NOT a demolition professional so be easy on me:):) I'm just doing research on the industry.
Thanks

Last edited:

BigGreen74

I can't answer the first two, but if the demolition is anything like the steel industry there, expect corruption all around...
The market there can be a free-for-all in some areas. Setting up a contract with shell companies formed just to rip you off.
Pay $100k for a job, you get one piece of the steel you ordered on top, with the rest being pos $2k worth of spring steel underneath. Company dissolves and owners form a new one later. The legal system makes it hard to touch others unless they really, really messed up big time.

There are plenty of horror stories out there, it's very free market, but breaking in as a foreigner is HARD unless you're doing BIG business. Lot's of the Chinese demolition companies employ North Korean workers as well, their work managers take all the pay and ship it back home to Kim Dong Un. Wouldn't be too surprised if there was inside corruption favoring these companies and preventing foreign competition....

Norwegian Steam

Doing business in China is tough regardless of the industry. The amount of corruption in that country is unparalleled. The only way to really do any business is to have a heavyweight Chinese official or business involved. There is a reason the huge legal/consulting/financial/Contracting firms have a Beijing division staffed with several local heavy hitters. The Chinese business corruption works on a **** rolls downhill model, so you need a couple locals who are top of the heap. China will listen to rich Chinese employees when something shady happens, they won’t listen to foreign entities.