• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 690C bucket bushing/pin sizes?

gravinus

Hello Everyone,

My old 690c has one bad pin. It is the dipper pin, it looks like the sleeve in the boom broke free and caused all kinds havoc. I'm having this line bored and welding in a solid shaft with a replaceable sleeve where it will contact the dipper link arm bushings.

The problem is one of the dipper link arms has a bushing that has been slipping (item #4 on the attached image). So I can either bore this out and go with a larger bushing or it will have to be welded up and then re-bored. Since I'm replacing the dipper pin in the stick, I can make the wear sleeve any diameter that I want.

My question, does anyone know if these pins/bushings are standard or metric? If so, would anyone know the factory OD/ID of the dipper bushing (item #4)? I can't seem to find this info anywhere. It looks like the ID is around 63mm or 2.5", but mine are worn, so I cant say for sure.

Any help is appreciated!!
Thanks!
Ben

Attachments

• Dipper Bushings.pdf
    16.8 KB · Views: 18

Knivens894

The pins in my machine are standard inch diameters. I have replaced them all by having new pins made from round high strength stock. The pins can be purchased cut to the desired length then drilled for the pin locks. After fabrication by a machine shop, the pins were a fraction of the cost of those from the dealer. My bucket pin bosses were worn excessively, so I cut them out with a torch, had new ones fabricated by the machine shop and welded them in. I did use the dealer supplied shims and seals.