• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D9H manuals for enclosed cab

Crook_Donk

Hi there.
I am wondering if the Cat D9H service manual (for 90V 3733) includes details for the enclosed ROPS/cab. I am stripping it out to prep for sandblasting and painting and would like a reference for putting it back together, particularly electrical schematic etc.

Will get the service manual anyways but wondering if I need an additional manual for the cab.

Cheers in advance.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
TBH the amount of Disassembly & Assembly information contained in the "old generation" machine manuals only covered the really important stuff. It was always assumed that the person wielding the spanners had a certain amount of intelligence and could figure it out for himself. From what I can see there is a small (and I mean REALLY small) section on removal and reinstallation of the ROPS but that's it.

So on that basis I wouldn't recommend buying a Service Manual if you are looking specifically for information regarding the cab. If you're looking for other information as well then maybe a Service Manual would help you, only you can decide.

The Parts Manual (much cheaper) for 90V3733 shows no less than 8 different types of modular ROPS cabs.....and gives all the parts detail for each one. So on that basis maybe a Parts Manual would give you the information you are looking for..?

The electrical schematic (such as it is) is also contained in the Parts Manual. I don't know what source you are using for manuals but this company is the official supplier of Cat Manuals for the factory. Go here https://servicemanualpro.com/ and plug in your Serial Number. A Parts Manual on CD-ROM is US$73 in round numbers.