• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6c cat loss of oil pressure

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I cannot believe this. This is such a simple engine to work on..

I would love to see this outfit try their hands at something like a D336! Just not one myself or any friend was depending on running again!

Four cams, and more gears than a pair of old Mack Quadraplex transmissions!

Steve.ahlgren85

A lot of places put them on a dyno and do initial break in for the customer.
Hi welder Dave
Can you tell me how a company can do a load test on a machine without a pto? The tractors that we have serviced at a dealership,are load tested on a dynomonitor after engine work done. Seems impossible, to me that this can be done without a pro, which my d6c doesn't have!just curious..

Bluox

Hi welder Dave
Can you tell me how a company can do a load test on a machine without a pto? The tractors that we have serviced at a dealership,are load tested on a dynomonitor after engine work done. Seems impossible, to me that this can be done without a pro, which my d6c doesn't have!just curious..
Not welder Dave but your machine does have a PTO. Cat usually pulls the engine to dyno them.
Bob

Hobbytime

wow..at this rate you better buy a 50 pound bag of garlic to ward off them evil spirits following you around....are you sure you didnt buy that dozer from dead guy thats haunting you now...I hate to say but if you didnt have bad luck you wouldnt have any at all....hopefully this time its all on the dealer and not a nickle from you...:eek:

GregsHD

Occupation
Self Employed HD Mechanic
wow..at this rate you better buy a 50 pound bag of garlic to ward off them evil spirits following you around....are you sure you didnt buy that dozer from dead guy thats haunting you now...I hate to say but if you didnt have bad luck you wouldnt have any at all....hopefully this time its all on the dealer and not a nickle from you...:eek:

Haha I was thinking the same thing!

Maybe the machine destroyed some native land and is now cursed....

Steve.ahlgren85

Nothing new, I called Ziegler for an update, they said they are EXTREMELY busy right now!!.They are going to keep me informed. I am not going to bug them too much!

Welder Dave

I'm guessing the bigger shops have adaptors they hook up to the engine crankshaft to load test them on the dyno. Not the same type of dyno a farm tractor would use on the rear PTO shaft.

Steve.ahlgren85

I am going to ask them when they get it back up and running, if they can do that, they have a very large shop with a lot of equipment. They have, when I was up there last week, two solid rows of customer repair machines waiting to be done. I think it will be awhile, can't use it now anyway, temperature outside is -15!!!

Welder Dave

-15? We're supposed to hit -40 with the wind chill tonight in Edmonton. Supposed to warm up next week though. December was really mild though with several days above freezing.

kshansen

Occupation
-15? We're supposed to hit -40 with the wind chill tonight in Edmonton. Supposed to warm up next week though. December was really mild though with several days above freezing.

I understand "windchill" but never liked it. Some people are not careful to say that is what they are referring to and then toss in the ºF and ºC and it gets even worse when comparing temps.

If a Canadian says it got up to 20º today some one down here in the states would be shivering when in fact it would be a nice day for going for a ride on the motorcycle!

Hobbytime

I understand "windchill" but never liked it. Some people are not careful to say that is what they are referring to and then toss in the ºF and ºC and it gets even worse when comparing temps.

If a Canadian says it got up to 20º today some one down here in the states would be shivering when in fact it would be a nice day for going for a ride on the motorcycle!
for upstate NY, it aint cold till its below 0..lol...

d9gdon

What do you guys do for money when it's cold enough that you can't work for months? I have never understood that since I'm from Texas and it doesn't get that cold here even though the lows are in the 20's next week. (Global warming?)

Does everybody in construction in the state draw unemployment when when you can't work when it's cold?

kshansen

Occupation
What do you guys do for money when it's cold enough that you can't work for months? I have never understood that since I'm from Texas and it doesn't get that cold here even though the lows are in the 20's next week. (Global warming?)

Does everybody in construction in the state draw unemployment when when you can't work when it's cold?

Yea, the company I worked for had headquarters in the Dallas area and up here we could never understand why they would not let us, or at least the repairmen, work during the winter to be sure everything was good to go in the spring. We always thought they did not understand that our production year was at best 8 months long. Every week we lost to repairs or down time made a big hit on our annual production. We had a good sized shop that could easily fit 2 to 3 haul trucks or front end loaders and still have room for the bowls and cones out of the same number of crushers. So it was not like we would not be able to keep six or eight repair men working inside all winter. And on the good days we could go outside and do those repairs that could not be moved into the shop.

Then what really bugged us is when we would get an email from corporate office saying they would be closed for two days as they got a few inches of snow!