• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D5C , D6 to D6D track rail price

davo727

Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Hello, Im looking into getting an old Cat D5 or D6 for small acreage/hobby and trying to figure out undercarriage parts costs.

Its sunday so I cant call anybody :)

Anyone have recent cost info on a decent aftermarket track chain for D5C through D6 , D6C , D ? Thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Don't have prices myself but your first call should be to the local Cat dealer and ask about prices for General Duty undercarraige. It's their "hobby version" of undercarriage for machines that don't work a lot of hours. You may be surprised how it compares to aftermarket prices.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Last Berco I was quoted on for a friends Cat 955K was a little over $6500 for rails and pads with bolts. Idlers rollers and segments sent that well over $12500 and was six years ago. Classic Cat can be competitive, check with Diesel Engine Pros out of WI or just look up 'replacement undercarriage' as a search on your PC that will send you to the different manufacturers names and they will have distributor access numbers. Do know parts alone for a D6H high track would be over $14,000 for all from the grade contractor here locally.

Dickjr.

I put rails , pads , segments , new idlers and two new front rollers on a 943 loader which uses a D5 size u/c and it was about 8 grand. My bottom rollers were all real good except the two front ones which catch a lot of wear. This was ITR brand , keep in mind they have 3 or 4 grades of rails from dry to SALT with polymer bushings. I got the second from the best at the recommendation of my sales rep. About 200 hrs on it , so far so good.