• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D4K2 Serial number check please?

Little_Grizzly

I'm going to go look at a used D4K2 this week. I remember that there was someone on here that can check the history on CAT serial numbers. If that is true can someone take a look at:

CAT0D4K2LKMM00461

i had some pretty bad luck on my last non-Cat dozer so I'd like to get whatever information I can find this time. It's a low hours machine and the price is suspiciously low.

If anyone has any knowledge of particular things I should look for I'd love to hear it. I always see comments like, "oh that series had a real problem with the torque converters...make sure that one had the fix implemented" or some such things like that.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Grizz