• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Custom Harvesting as hired hand.

Harvest king

Occupation
Dairy farm management and cattle health and wellne
Ok guys,
I have been out of the game for quit s few years now. I have done the custom harvesting, planting and field work in the past. But now I am looking to get back into it as a hired hand. I was wondering if any one could give me a little insight on today's job market. What kind of wages are out there and hows is the availability of work looking. Are the companies offering some full time work or is it still seasonal. Are they offering any kind of benefits? When I was into this in the past you were paid minimal wages and worked liked dogs. Even if you had plenty of good skills and agricultural background. What are the wages looking like? One of the companies that I was looking into was Johnson harvesting. Does any one have any thing to comment on working for that company.
Thank in advance for any input that you may have for me.