• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Curb and Gutter Machines

curb guy

Hey bro,thanks for your reply,yeh I'm very serious and ready for training and to purchase,those machines that you mentioned are exactly what I'm looking for,do you think I can get a good ready to work efficient one for less than 100k?Also am I wrong in thinking that this could make a fortune doing barriers??

6 or 8 years ago,both of my Miller M-1000's were cash machines but, with the economy the way it is and, more companys bidding on fewer jobs,the market has turned to ****.Overhead is not as bad in the curb business as it is with other trades but, you HAVE to figure out how to be absolutely the most efficient guy in whatever trade you're in.There was a huge learning curve, and there will be days you wonder what you've gotten yourself into,I know because I still do.You should be able to find a decent "micro machine", that is,one with a microprocessor vesus an analog system for around 100k. If you decide to go with a Miller which, I highly recommend, call and ask for Curt Jensen.Tell him Woody in Ohio told you to call,he'll know who you're talking about about.He has leads on almost every used M-1000 in the country.Oh yeah, you want a 'right hand' machine as opposed to a 'left hand' machine.I'm curious what curb is going for a foot in your area.I hope this helps.I don't have all the answers but,with over 20 yrs. running those machines I know a little about them. Glad to answer any questions you might have and again, good luck.

Geoquip

Curbguy,man you're really helpful,I'm in a whole different country,we are lacking dividers and it has resuled in many preventable road deaths,the contracters here only do metal rails and pre-cast barriers here,but supply and speed remains a big problem.I have never seen such a machine here in all my years as a iron head.Apart from the hundreds of miles of needed barriers,they just started a $1.5billion highway that is scheduled for completion in 3 years,I think a great opportunity awaits me,by the time we are establishing and making a name for ourselves with the existing roads,we should be the obvious choice for the big new highway.When that happens I would definately need help,I have already envisioned some Yanks on a couple machines already!!:cool2:cool2

Simply put,there's no competition at this time. Only the pre-cast slabs and they're clumsy and a logistical nightmare..

curb guy

Curbguy,man you're really helpful,I'm in a whole different country,we are lacking dividers and it has resuled in many preventable road deaths,the contracters here only do metal rails and pre-cast barriers here,but supply and speed remains a big problem.I have never seen such a machine here in all my years as a iron head.Apart from the hundreds of miles of needed barriers,they just started a $1.5billion highway that is scheduled for completion in 3 years,I think a great opportunity awaits me,by the time we are establishing and making a name for ourselves with the existing roads,we should be the obvious choice for the big new highway.When that happens I would definately need help,I have already envisioned some Yanks on a couple machines already!!:cool2:cool2

Simply put,there's no competition at this time. Only the pre-cast slabs and they're clumsy and a logistical nightmare..

Now, are you talking about curb/curb and gutter or, barrier wall, there is a HUGE difference between the two. Barrier wall/bridge parapet is a whole different animal.An M-1000 can pour up to I believe a 40'' high barrier. If you want to go taller, you will have to step to an 8100, which is considerably more $$$.

Geoquip

Looking for a good experienced guy to run a Power Curber 5700B doing barriers on a hot tropical Caribbean Island,decent housing and transport would be provided,lemme know asap!:cool::cool:

Last edited:

Geoquip

Now, are you talking about curb/curb and gutter or, barrier wall, there is a HUGE difference between the two. Barrier wall/bridge parapet is a whole different animal.An M-1000 can pour up to I believe a 40'' high barrier. If you want to go taller, you will have to step to an 8100, which is considerably more $$$.

Got a nice Power Curber 5700B with the right molds etc,thanks for the help.

Geoquip

Alright, man! Sounds like you're gettin' all set up. Good luck and show us some pics when you get 'pouring'!!

Its in transit from NC to my country,was up there over the last 2 weeks completing sale,would upload some pics of it later.Can you hook me up with a guy who's willing to do a Caribbean stint,a guy who knows barrier work.Need a guy who can help us start up and work and teach other guys along the way,lemme know.

Geoquip

Am interested did you get the b from southern equipment not sure if I have pm privileges yet

I got it through Tim Messinger from Curbfox,he arranged everything for me,including a little training and a couple site visits of machines in action.I took my foreman with me so he could learn about setting out and prepping sites etc.

For now I'm the only one that knows how to move the machine etc.My machine is expected to land here in early October. I am aiming at large highway jobs for barriers and curbs.Planning a launch with a demo etc,probably a week after it arrives.

Tell me a bit about yourself,including experience etc,in front of witnesses lol!! I would send you my email after,and we can discuss further.:cool2

Concrusher434

I am 3rd generation curb man I have been around p curbers since the early 80s. Have done setup on 4 machines and am gomaco schooled also I just returned from Haiti so am familiar with the hurdles in doing concrete in the tropics lol
Am happy to provide a cv and references. I speak passable job site Spanish also is that enough in front of witnesses......lol

Geoquip

I am 3rd generation curb man I have been around p curbers since the early 80s. Have done setup on 4 machines and am gomaco schooled also I just returned from Haiti so am familiar with the hurdles in doing concrete in the tropics lol
Am happy to provide a cv and references. I speak passable job site Spanish also is that enough in front of witnesses......lol

Great,no spanish here though,maybe you would have to learn passable English,lol!!!anyway,email me your stuff,and lemme know what you would be happy with as the main operator,I would provide very decent accommodation,a/c,cable,good appliances etc.I would also personally take you around until you get familiar,transport would be arranged after that,if things work out well,we can also look at a car or 4x4 p/up as well.:cool:

geoquip@hotmail.com

Last edited:

creteman

Looking for a good experienced guy to run a Power Curber 5700B doing barriers on a hot tropical Caribbean Island,decent housing and transport would be provided,lemme know asap!:cool::cool:

have you found someone yet?i can run power curbers or gomacos.curb in the caribbean..sounds good to me...

Geoquip

Guys,I still need that guy to come down,most of the guys who responded eventually backed out for some reason or the next,I have one guy who's taking forever to send me a simple copy of his ID's to start processing work permit,there are guys with no passport etc. Thankfully there is a bit of a delay with commencement of work,can a guy who's really interested in coming over,please contact me,and lets get this thing going,I have a factory man on standby to come over for a week or so when we commence,but I need an experienced guy or 2 from the states on my crew.I promise a fair salary,great accomodation,transport and socializing..

Last edited:

Geoquip

**bump**

" Guys,I still need that guy to come down,most of the guys who responded eventually backed out for some reason or the next,I have one guy who's taking forever to send me a simple copy of his ID's to start processing work permit,there are guys with no passport etc. Thankfully there is a bit of a delay with commencement of work,can a guy who's really interested in coming over,please contact me,and lets get this thing going,I have a factory man on standby to come over for a week or so when we commence,but I need an experienced guy or 2 from the states on my crew.I promise a fair salary,great accomodation,transport and socializing.. "

Last edited: