• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CTL Tracks Recommendations (CAT 299D3)

LostBoulder

Occupation
Agriculture and Timber
Been searching the forum finding little info on CTL Tracks, brands and experiences.

As I close in on 1000hrs with my 299D3 CAT w/ 450MM BAR Pattern tracks, I'm seeking advice.

Need to be good for turf (landscaping, brush cutting, not destroying turf), gravel (driveway repair, leveling, compacting), muddy and tight forestry (clearing, mulching, cutting, etc.) work. I know, I want the prefect track for everything but snow. :)

Have loved the Bar patterns traction but they get chewed up badly with the gravel and some of the mulching work.

Been looking at C Patterns or sticking with Bar.
I'm shocked at price variation between CAT, and aftermarket resellers. Which makes me wonder what is quality vs. economy (garbage) i.e. who is a good quality reputable brand. I've looked at CAT, Prowler, McLaren and some other lesser known brands. I don't mind investing the money if the quality is there.

Thanks in advance all!

LostBoulder

Occupation
Agriculture and Timber
Bridgestone or cat those off brand tracks don't hold up well in my experiences. I think the cat one are made by bridgstone. How many hours did you get out of your last set
Thanks Tyler, I'm around 650hrs on these and feel I'll make it to ~1000 if I'm lucky. Like to plan ahead on these things so it doesn't turn into an emergency issue.