• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cost of fuel. Diesel, gasoline and otherwise...

tcachee

What's the cost of fuel where you guys are at? I had a technician come here to Trinidad and said that the prices here are ridiculous. We buy diesel at US$0.90c per US gallon and gasoline at US$2.20c. Too much or too little?:beatsme

Delmer

Off road diesel $3.30, on road diesel $3.85, gas $3.55. I didn't think anybody subsidized fuel that much, and had no idea Trinidad would?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
You're buying diesel for $.90 a gallon??

LT-x7

Occupation
Earth Moving Contractor
Thats crazy cheap.
The gap between diesel and gas is very interesting...... Around here these days diesel is usually more that gas, but its always close to the same cost. Usually within $.30 +- of gasoline.

lantraxco

From Wikipedia: "Trinidad and Tobago is the leading Caribbean producer of oil and gas" They're apparently floating on the stuff and run mostly on natural gas, so I suppose they can set their domestic pricing wherever they want.

One of the reasons diesel is high here in the US is a demand issue, we use lots of it as motor fuel for trucks, trains, equipment etc, but the largest market is home heating fuel, the Northeast as I recall is heavily dependant on it, which skews the price upward. I would think that in the Caribbean they wouldn't need much heat, if any, so diesel is probably plentiful from the refineries there.

Just guessing, YMMV

Last edited: