• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

construction/engineering companys in San Fran bay area

bluemeate

trying to find a civil engineering internship... already got 3 years of school and a previous summers public works internships (not just paper pushing and filing, but rather actual work) worth of experience...

can anyone list some companies that do work in the san fransisco bay area that I could send my resume to? I figure some you guys could think of a lot of places... Im especially trying to work on a company that does large scale earth moving or heavy hualing/rigging, but anything is fine.

humboldt deere

Occupation
general building and engineering contractor
ghillotti, swinerton, kiewit, desilva gates, GSB, american civil constructors, MCM, granite, tichert, mallcraft, hamilton, skanska. Their are more, these just come to mind.

Wolf

RV Stich, Ryan Engineering, Malcolm Drilling, S&S Trucking, there are two Ghilloti firms, EBI (Evans Brothers), WR Forde etc.

bluemeate

hahaha, I've only sent my resume to about 1/4th of those... wish me luck on the next 3/4, ha!

GSB is..? I just looked them up and could not find anything other than a small Canadian business.

hamilton..? All I found was a bridge company out of Oregon... I suppose thats not right.

Last edited:

humboldt deere

Occupation
general building and engineering contractor
I think GSB is golden state bridge? and I might be mistaken but I thought Hamilton was out of california, last place I saw them was on 199 around O'brien Or. though. How about J.F Shea or ladd and associates I think they do work in your area.

bluemeate

Well I just got an internship with malcolm drilling. past 3 days have been more than interesting to say the least. thanks for the help!

Wolf

Malcolm Drilling is a bunch of really good guys. What sites are you at and who are you working with? Congratulations on the internship. That is an awesome firm.

CNC

There are four ghilottis, ghilotti construction , ghilotti brothers, magoria ghilotti (spelling) and the newest team ghilotti. Try northbay construction

Dualie

There are four ghilottis, ghilotti construction , ghilotti brothers, magoria ghilotti (spelling) and the newest team ghilotti. Try northbay construction

I know that ghilotti brothers was bought out by desilva gates